Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge Royal Wedding Jewelry


Staying up to watch the royal wedding from pacific standard time was no easy task.I was just dying to see the bride. I think the whole wedding was so hyped up and people had such high expectations, especially since we have the memory of Princess Diana's wedding. I really did love Kate's dress and her jewelry was classic, understated, and just beautiful. However I was expecting so much more, maybe more wow, more extravagance. I mean it was a royal wedding after all. She reminded me of Grace Kelly.

That being said the jewelry was impeccable! The Tiara was lent from the Queen.The tiara was made in 1936 by Cartier.The Duke of York gave it to his wife the Queen Elizabeth and then it was given to then Princess Elizabeth as an 18th birthday present.It is also known as the “halo” tiara.

The earrings were a gift from Kates's parents designed by Robinson Pelham to compliment the Tiara. The earrings have acorns designs as a node to her family coat of arms. How sweet.

Overall, her look is timeless, and she was radiant.

No comments:

Post a Comment