Sunday, September 26, 2010

Trip to the Long Beach Farmer's Market




Today was my first time at the farmer's market here in Long Beach California near Belmont Shores. I was quite impressed at the selection and variety of fruits, vegetables,nuts, breads, and flowers. I picked up gorgeous heirloom tomatoes in shades ranging from purple to ruby red for $1.00/pound. I got a bunch because normally you see heirloom tomatoes in the grocery store for a lot more.By the way these tomatoes tasted delicious. They also had the most fragment fresh herbs: sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley, basil.I also couldn't resist the urge to buy some country red dahlias. These flowers immediately remind me of my Grandmother in Hungary who grows these in here garden. It's easy to get carried away at the market, but indeed it was an inspiring morning. Above are some of the pictures I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment